Get in touch
or email us
A question and answer with Dr David Hemery CBE, Founder of 21st Century Legacy:
Why was the Charity 21st Century Legacy established?
The Charity was established as a result of Lord Coe's request to me to have a Legacy that went beyond 2012 and the buildings in London. Our promise was that our Games would be an inspiration to the youth of Britain and the rest of the world and we believe that this Programme will go a long way towards fulfilling that intent.
What is the aim of the Be the Best you can Be! Programme?
We intend to catch the inspiration of London 2012 and challenge young people to follow their own dreams, in whatever field they choose. Our Be the Best you can Be! Programme aims to inspire, engage and empower. I hold a strong belief that there is a spark of greatness, something special and unique in everyone. Be the Best you can Be! is designed to unlock more of the students untapped potential and is the translation of inspiration into action.
With all that is going on in the world today, our aim is to help young people to take more control of their lives by becoming more self-aware and self-responsible. A key to unlocking these attributes is by enabling Teachers to become more facilitative. We should never under-estimate the power of giving our full attention when listening and generating ownership through effective questions.
What makes the Be the Best you can Be! Programme so special?
We have brought together more than 20 years of experience in Self-Managed Leadership and Coaching Skills from the most successful Personal Development Programmes in Business and Industry. This brings enhanced facilitation skills to Education with the aim to improve performance, learning and enjoyment - three intrinsic human motivators. Our overall intent is to increase the self-awareness and self-responsibility of every student.
How we are unique:
The Be the Best you can Be! Programme
- is for a whole year group or whole School
- is proven to raise aspirations and increase self-confidence
- develops all of the Staff as well as the Students
- engages Parents in their children's dreams
- goes far beyond a single Special Speaker visit - integrating across all subjects and interests
- increases self-awareness and self-responsibility - the qualities of high achievers
- is very flexible - can start in any term at any time and it is up to each School to choose how to integrate it
- is available in two formats: for Primary Schools, for Secondary Schools (also running in Special Schools)
- is advocated by OFSTED
- goes beyond sport and far beyond the inspiration of London 2012
- concludes with the unique Recognition Medallions from The Royal Mint for participating students - made alongside the medals for the athletes at London 2012
Please click here to read a little more about how the Programme is unique as a combination of the above and bringing Coaching into Education.